- Spectral Analysis & Photonic
- Ultra-trace Analysis
- Price-reduced Articles (Sales)
- About us
The xLess Sample Introduction System
For Transport of Liquid Samples with Small Volume
The new xLess system developed by AHF analysentechnik fulfills challenging tasks for sample transport systems in ultra-trace analysis with ICP-MS: Long-distance transport from the autosampler to detector, automatic and continuous control in 24/7 operation mode, stable measuring over minutes in ultra-pure conditions which ensure highest sample integrity. The whole system is fully automative and can be programmed and controlled either by a TCP/IP or a RS-232 interface.
Working Principle of the xLess
The sample is transported into the loop via a peristaltic pump where sensors detect the sample and its exact position at all times. Then a completely glass and metal-free syringe pump takes over and presses the sample, pulsation-free, into the ICP-MS. This procedure allows you to use extremely small liquid volumes. They are inserted completely into the ICP-MS which increases the economics of the sample-usage up to 100%! Furthermore, by precise switching to the syringe pump the ICP-MS knows exactly when the sample arrives.
Depending on the tube diameter, one can choose the transport of sample volumes down to 2 μL. The samples are delivered completely and with a precise flow-rate down to 5 μL / min into the nebulizer, making it possible to monitor even extremely small samples over minutes to achieve unrivalled accuracy of element concentration in the sample.
At a Glance
- Introdcution and transportation of extremely small sample volumes (down to 2 μL)
- Ultra-pure conditions, due to exclusive use of perfluorinated components
- Up to 12 m distance transport from autosampler to detector
- Automatic and continuous control in 24/7 operation mode
- Permanent purging of system
- Pulsation-free injection into detector
- Sample and tuning-loop for different measurement volumes